Moving actiTIME to Another Machine
When upgrading office network infrastructure, moving actiTIME from one server to another may be needed. Perform this procedure according to the instructions below to make your new actiTIME installation work properly with the old data.
If you need to move actiTIME to another machine without upgrading it:
- Back up actiTIME database on the old server prior to proceeding with moving actiTIME to the new machine. To do that, refer to the Database Backup Instructions. It is needed to keep your data safe and to be able to use them in the new actiTIME installation.
Copy your database (or database dump) onto the new machine so that it can be used by the new actiTIME installation. If necessary, convert your database from MS Access to MySQL.
- Install actiTIME on the new server. Follow the instructions outlined in the Installing actiTIME section of the Administration Guide.
Don’t forget to configure mail server parameters as described in the Configuring actiTIME Notifications section after having successfolly installed actiTIME.
- Restore your old database.
If you are installing Auto Installation package (an .exe file), choose the ‘Copy data from the existing database’ option and specify the path to your old database you have copied on the step 1.
If you are installing Manual Installation package (a .zip or .tar.gz file), launch scripts specified in the Database Backup section to restore the old database and make actiTIME use it.
After having successfolly moved your actiTIME installation to the new machine, don’t forget to provide the users with the new link to access actiTIME.
If you need to move actiTIME to another server and upgrade it at once:
- Upgrade actiTIME on the machine where it is installed. It is necessary to update the database structure so that it can be used on the new version.
- Back up actiTIME database on the old server. If required, convert it from MS Access to MySQL.
- Copy the database to the new machine.
- Install actiTIME on the new server.
- Restore your old actiTIME database.