Leave Time & Balances Report
This report provides you with information on leave time reported for the selected leave types by actiTIME users. Managers will see information for users from their team, while regular users will see their personal data only.
Example of Leave Time Report
Leave Time & Balances Report is available in actiTIME interface only when 'Leave Time Tracking' feature is turned ON (see section Turn Features On / Off).
Leave time & balances information presented in the report includes:
- Total leave time reported for the selected leave types within the specified date range
- Time reported for each of the selected leave types within the specified date range
- PTO Balance as of the beginning and the end of the specified date range
- Sick days Balance as of the beginning and the end of the specified date range
Note: Leave time & Balances report shows information on users’ PTO & Sick Days balances calculated for the first and the last day of the selected date range, when 'PTO Balance Calculations' and ‘Sick days Balance Calculations’ feature is turned ON in Turn Features On / Off interface and you have 'Manage PTO & Sick days Settings' permission.
Tip: You can configure each Leave Type to be calculated as PTO, Sick Days or none in the Leave Types interface.
Example of Leave Time & Balances Report, with PTO & Sick Days Balances shown
For detailed information on PTO and Sick Days please see How to Manage Paid Time Off and Sick Days Settings section.
Report results can be grouped by users, by departments, by days, weeks, or calendar months, depending on what data you need to summarize.
The following filters are available for the Leave Time & Balances report:
- Date range
- Selected Staff - you can create a report for all staff or only for the selected system users and departments.
- Leave types - you can create a report for all leave types users reported time for or for the selected leave types.
- Leave Time and/or Balances.
Leave Time & Balances Report Parameters
Leave Time & Balances Report form
Parameters of Leave Time & Balances Report include:
- Date Range - you can use one of pre-defined date ranges or configure a custom one.
- Users to generate report for - all or selected actiTIME users, departments and time zone groups.
This setting is available to managers only.
- If you select option 'All Staff', report will show information for all users who entered leave time for the selected leave types within the specified date range.
Tip: Set ‘Include users without reported time’ checkbox in this filter, if you need to show users who did not reported leave time within the selected date range.
- If you select specific departments or time zone groups, the report will show information for all users from these departments or time zone groups who entered leave time for the selected leave types within the specified date range.
- If you select specific users, all selected users will be shown in the report even if some of them did not enter leave time within the selected date.
To view only selected users in the user selector click on
View selected user only in the user selector
To search users by name click on
and start typing user name.
Searching users by name in the user selector
To show users with disabled access in the 'Selected Staff' list set the 'Show users with disabled access' checkbox under the list.
- Leave types to generate report for - all or selected leave types.
Leave Type Selector
Tip:To see archived leave types in the selector, set the 'Show archived leave types...' checkbox under the list of leave types.
- Data grouping options
- Time format to be used in the HTML report - either decimal format (##.##) or hours/minutes format (HH:MM).
Note:This option is not applicable to the reports in CSV format. Reports in the CSV format always use decimal format for time-track data.
- Columns to be shown in the report - when you have 'Manage PTO & Sick Days Settings' permission, you can choose which information should be shown in the report columns:
- Leave Time & Balances
- Leave Time only
- Balances only
Additional configuration options of the Leave Time & Balances Report allow you including following balance types in your report:
- Show PTO & Sick Days Balances
- Show PTO Balance
- Show Sick Days Balance
The report to be generated is shown on the preview. You can change its parameters and set the appropriate configuration.